This Autumn will see significant quantities of EIS maturing and whilst capacity is predicted to be much tighter, it’s important that you are in the best position to ensure that your clients can capitalise on such an opportunity. Kuber Ventures are delighted to invite you to their CPD qualifying EIS masterclass programme. The programme features 3 seminars which will ensure that you are fully prepared to take advantage of this forthcoming EIS bonanza.
The masterclass programme features:
> Seminar 1 – Due Diligence, How to remove the risk in selecting the right managers – 28 September 09.00-12.00 RSVP
Guest speakers include:
- Hardman & Co – Equity research specialists. Hardman will share insights into their due diligence process highlighting critical areas of risk which require consideration before selecting an EIS scheme
- Tysers, International Insurance and Reinsurance Brokers – specialists in Professional Indemnity Insurance will provide an insight into the process of the application and due diligence carried out by Insurers in the process of quotation and binding Professional Indemnity policies
- Mark Brownridge, Director General EISA
> Seminar 2 – An explanation of the different regulatory considerations for the different types of EIS and how it impacts on your capability to provide advice to your clients– 19 October 09.00-12.00 RSVP
- Kate Troup, Charles Russell Speechlys, the award winning law firm. Kate advises clients in the financial services industry on a wide range of legal and regulatory issues.
- Alternative Investment Funds vs Managed Portfolios
– What can you market to whom?
- Implications of suitability vs appropriateness
– When does which apply?
- MIFID II
– Despite Brexit this legislation comes into effect on 1 January 2018 how does it impact on your business?
> Seminar 3 – Financial Planning – Are you utilising EIS/SEIS investments to their full potential? – 29 November 09.00-12.00 RSVP
- David Kilshaw, Ernst & Young llp David is a partner in EY’s private client team in London. Prior to joining EY in 2014, David was the head of another top four private client practice. David is also a qualified solicitor and was previously a partner in a leading City Law firm. David is listed in Spears Top Ten Private Client Accountants.
In 2014 Citi Wealth listed David as one of their “top 20 men in Private Wealth Management”.
David has over 30 years of experience of working with private clients, their investments and related structures. He works closely with colleagues in corporate finance, real estate and private equity on the personal tax aspects of major transactions.
David is an experienced expert witness, most recently in the Mehjoo case in which non-dom issues were a major component.
(please note timings are approximate and could be subject to change along with content).
To reserve your place for the above seminars please RSVP through the following links:
Seminar 3 – Financial Planning, 29 November 09.00-12.00
Venue: 25 Sackville Street, London, W1S 3AX