SidebySide EIS Venture Fund invests in fast-growing technology enabled businesses with £1 - 10 million in revenue.
– Focus on more established but fast growing, EIS businesses already making at least a million in revenue before we invest.
– Strong track record of the Funds founder John Bailye, a serial entrepreneur who has helped grow and build a number of successful multimillion and a billion-dollar business.
– Hands on model, we spend up to two days a month with each portfolio company helping to ensure they reach their potential.
– Co-investment: we believe in what we do and so have and will continue to invest our own money in the Fund to align our interests with that of the Fund investors.
– To allow for tax relief on 100% of the investment we do not charge any of ourfees to the investor. Investors will only pay performance fees once 150% of their invested funds have been returned.
– Carry back available for 2019/20 tax year (until 1st April 2021). Tax relief on 100% of subscription*
Our preference is to plan our exits well in advance, ideally via a trade sale. To ensure we get the best price from a potential acquirer, we plan to address all known internal or client issues well in advance and to set up robust governance structures and processes. Only then can we command the best price for our asset. This is a process that benefits the founders, employees and Investors.
Sapphire Capital Partners LLP (“Sapphire”) is a multi-award-winning firm based in London and Belfast which specialises in SEIS and EIS funds.
Sapphire currently manages over fifteen SEIS and EIS funds across a wide variety of sectors, bringing the partners’ expertise in investment management, corporate finance, accounting and taxation to the funds in the most cost-effective way possible. The partnership, founded in 2009, is authorised by the FCA (FRN: 565716) to act as an investment manager. Sapphire’s services are delivered by a highly experienced team that provide quality services in a cost-efficient way. The individuals behind Sapphire have a considerable breadth of knowledge in the financial sector.
The SidebySide Partnership is a UK based EIS Venture Capital firm that specialises in taking proven high-potential technology companies, already making millions of pounds in revenue, and developing them into successful commercial businesses. We do this by combining capital investment with decades of experience building private, public and international businesses.
Fees charged to Investor (including VAT)
Fees charged to Investee Companies (including VAT)
Annual management fee
30% of any distribution to investors above a hurdle rate of £1.50 per £1 invested*
Other fee information
Up to £10,000 due diligence/legal cost recovery per investment
1% in Warrents (of the value of each capital raise)**
*Leveled on investment return
**A warrent is a security that entitles the holder to buy underlying shares of the issuing company at a fixed price. This is part of the SidebySide reward program for employees and advisers working on the investment.
Kuber Special Arrangements
Kuber investors receive a fundraising fee of 1% from the manager. Kuber will return this fee to investors by applying it to their subscription amount thereby increasing their investment.
For further information please do not hesitate to contact us on: