The Autumn EIS Masterclass started with the Due Diligence seminar. With guest contributions from Richard Angus, Hardman & Co, Mark Brownridge, Director General, EISA and James Clowes from Tysers, the International Insurance and Reinsurance Brokers, Advisers enjoyed a comprehensive look at:
- Appreciating investment risk
- Compliant and profitable EIS investing
- SEIS/EIS due diligence and risk transfer
The presentation slides from the seminar can be downloaded from here.
Kuber’s EIS Masterclass programme features two further seminars detailed as follows
> Seminar 2 – An explanation of the different regulatory considerations for the different types of EIS and how it impacts on your capability to provide advice to your clients– 19 October 09.00-12.00 RSVP
• Kate Troup, Charles Russell Speechlys, the award winning law firm. Kate advises clients in the financial services industry on a wide range of legal and regulatory issues.
- Alternative Investment Funds vs Managed Portfolio
- What can you market to whom?
- Implications of suitability vs appropriateness
- When does which apply?
- MIFID II
- Despite Brexit this legislation comes into effect on 1 January 2018 how does it impact on your business?
> Seminar 3 – Financial Planning – Are you utilising EIS/SEIS investments to their full potential? – 29 November 09.00-12.00 RSVP
•Kuber Ventures Technical Adviser • Guest speaker tbc
(please note timings are approximate and could be subject to change along with content).